Wednesday 8 April 2009

Hello, old friend
I got out my old Bernina yesterday.
Bang went my heartstrings.
Laura has handed over Jaryd's quilt for me to finish after she did a sterling job piecing the top.
I think nearly all the fabrics in it came from Laura's stash, which is so big she has a window and doors in it and just room enough for her to sit at her sewing machine.
:: We discovered yesterday that we'd inadvertently been paying content and building insurance on our former house in Subi for the 18 months since we sold it. So we got a big fat refund cheque yesterday. Woop-de-doo!

4 comments:

Laura Jane said...

Ah, so nice to picture you at the Bernina.

And excuse me, my stash has aspirations on a second storey! With built-ins!

No wonder you're seeing stars...

M said...

I hopped back on the Empisal this afternoon to do a, ahem, quick sewing project from Better H&G mag with Blossom.

Bl**dy sewing projects. Three hours later and we are still going.

Knitting and crochet I can do but I just don't think I have the attention to detail for sewing. But I wish I did.

Nice to see you back in the sewing saddle, in Perth.

Oh, BTW, are you settling well? Culture shock?

Anonymous said...

OOh, a refund cheque is good, isn't it?

Elaine said...

I wish you well in your new home in Perth. I was there on a short visit many moons ago and look forward to reading all about your new house etc. I am SO sorry to hear about the death of your beloved dog. I do not have pets any more, partly because I now live in a small flat, but mainly because you love them so much and it is heartbreaking when you lose them. Can't do that any more.