Sunday 10 February 2013

Reasons to be cheerful

It's Sunday. Will's at the beach (so many sharks around these days that we see him off with "See you, Will, have fun! Don't get burnt! Don't get eaten!"). Dave's been occupied all day writing reviews. It's stinking hot – 41 today and 41 forecast for the next two days with rain and thunderstorms – so I'm staying inside, in the cool.
I'm listening to Philip Glass on Pandora and I'm making my mother-in-law a quilt for her birthday in a couple of weeks.
Saw Life of Pi yesterday with my best friend Laura. Though some of the images were breathtakingly beautiful, on the whole I was ever so slightly underwhelmed, as I was with the book. But I'm glad I've seen the film and read the book.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I thought Life of Pi was an intense read but it left me wondering what I thought of it, if you know what I mean. I an not sorry I read it, but I have so far opted not to see the film because I don't want to it to change in my head or become something else. Do you know what I mean? I don't want the images in my head to get erased in favor of what the film shows (don't you find that once you see a film of a book you've read, THAT becomes the version in your head?).

family fashion farm and philosophy said...

The quilt is beautiful, Les...thanks for the best weekend.x

Pondside said...

You were underwhelmed? Thank you for coming out and saying it because I was too.
Lovely quilt!

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen the movie. I think I might stick with the book (also yet to do!)