Friday 17 August 2007

Weird spooky cosmicoincidence, yeah!

** Don't watch this video (above) until you've read my ramblings! **

I am such a Pandora-adora.
It's a shame that you can't use it in Australia: basically it's a wide-world interweb radio station thingy which lets you list about 10 of your favourite artists. It then plays you - through your computer machinery - non-stop, f-r-e-e music by them and by other artists which Pandora reckons you would like, based on characteristics it has determined for the artists you have listed ('the Music Genome Project').

So, for the past few weeks, since I fell in love with The Lovely Antony, whose name is on my Pandora list, I have been listening, fascinated, to a whole other world of music and artists that I'd never have experienced otherwise.

Well, one of the new songs I have become addicted to is Joanna Newsom's Swansea. It is so astoundingly w-e-i-r-d. And wonderful - she is a classically trained harp player with the singing voice of an eight-year-old and the face of a 16-year-old. But so very talented.
So now watch the YouTube video at the top of this post, and then click on this to see Joanna live on YouTube, singing Swansea.

No comments: