Tuesday 5 October 2010

For Caroline ...

... who wants me to post more often!I'm at work all day tomorrow, and then, at sparrow's on Thursday, we'll all be jumping in the car to head off to Albany and my parents' diamond wedding anniversary.
I have a thick envelope to take down, stuffed with important-looking documents bearing well-wishes from Julia, Quentin and Liz, and I think Colin might be in there as well.
There's a big dinner on Thursday night, for which David and I are taking our Hollywood gladrags complete with bling. You don't get many chances to pull on the full regalia, and if a 60th wedding anniversary isn't one such occasion I don't know what is.
So I shall see you again early next week!

4 comments:

Saz said...

wonderful to read you again,this is a new blog yeah???

thanks for your kind words....after 35 years together...l was shocked rigid that he wanted to split....and then kicked me out...and no contact???WTF???seen him once since feb..and he rarely emails unless to tell me what he wants ME to do...

after afew months off and some HELP..l have realised unless this is gonna kill me... l must crack on..l m 52 and need to find a new way forward...

talk soon..
luv saz x

Rattling On said...

Ooooh, you can't beat a good night out all dressed up. Hope you have a fab time. And yes, post more often!!

barbara said...

Love that fabric so much ... and be sure to kick your heels up! 60 years together is truly wonderful, my M and D made it to 53 ...

Anonymous said...

I love that Babushka! Gorgeous.