Friday 28 May 2010

The hots for pink
I was watching Nigella cook something the other night, and in the background I caught a glimpse of a hot pink sofa against a white wall.
And ever since, whenever I'm designing rooms in my imagination, or in that dreamy state twixt waking and sleeping, I cannot help but dream in hot pink.
Not your marshmallow pastel, but the shocking, h-o-t stuff.
All these fabulous images, from various sumptuous magazines, are from one of my newly discovered and seriously treasured blogs, An Indian Summer, which is the most perfect eye candy if you're into hot interiors from hot countries.
And, interestingly, now that I am au naturel of hair (an end to 20 years of colouring), I do believe I could even wear this colour. In small doses. Though that may be a slower journey of discovery ...

5 comments:

Mousy Brown said...

Lesley my amazing parcel just arrived - Thank you so much it is truely gorgeous! I will write a proper snail mail thank you soon :D I love all these pinks - and strangely enough have been considering this as a hair colour too - just a bit concerned as to what the school where I work might think! I'll let you know what I do ... xxx ps my post is all about my prize today!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I think the hot pink fascination may be contagious... my mind and imagination have become instantly smitten... it's so *hot!*

Anonymous said...

I wear this colour a lot, but have none in my home decorating. After seeing these photos I may need to change this!

Anonymous said...

I love the look, but can't come at hot pink in my house. There is a feature wall we are yet to paint out, guess what shade it is? Yep...

barbara said...

It's so true ... there is just something about this color, I just love it too!