Monday 12 November 2007

Shoes for Elle
I'm off to meet baby Elle for the first time this afternoon, so I've made her a tiny pair of felt slippers that will probably fit her for a day and a half!
They were great fun to make, and the pattern and very simple instructions (not much more than 'sew the bits together and decorate') can be found right here.
I started sewing on the machine, but the pieces were so tiny I ended up sewing by hand, which I always enjoy.
While I was finishing off this morning, I listened to a wonderful conversation with Barbara Kingsolver on BBC Radio 4, in which she talked all about The Poisonwood Bible, one of my all-time most admired books.

:: David and I went to the movies last night, and can thoroughly recommend Dan in Real Life, starring Steve Carell, who plays the Ricky Gervais character in the excellent American version of The Office. It's an entirely enjoyable romantic comedy, and one you could take your kids or your mother-in-law to see.
Most of the action takes place in a rambling, shambling wooden house right on the beach in Rhode Island - it looks gorgeous. We'll have to go east and see this part of the country. Afterwards, Dave remarked on how fantastic it would be to see rain like we'd seen in the film — a real drenching!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, the tiny shoes are precious and will be a keepsake no matter how long baby wears them! And I'm on the edge of my seat with your novel -- what a blast! I've just discovered blurb.com where you can make and "publish" (have printed) one copy of a book -- I hope you'll keep this first book somewhere safe, so that you can look back on it once you're famous and think about how you got started in your career....

Felicia said...

Love those sweet shoes!